The Australian Volleyball Federation is the peak body for the administration of the sport of volleyball in Australia. The objects for which the Federation is established and maintained are to:
· conduct, encourage, promote, advance, standardise, control and administer all forms of the sport of volleyball in and throughout Australia as a human endeavour;
· provide for the conduct, encouragement, promotion and administration of the sport of volleyball through and by various Member States or other organisations for the mutual and collective benefit of the Members and the sport of volleyball;
· act in good faith and loyalty to ensure the maintenance and enhancement of the Federation and volleyball, its standards, quality and reputation for the collective and mutual benefit of the Members and the sport of volleyball;
· at all times operate with, and promote, mutual trust and confidence between the Federation and the Members in pursuit of these objects;
· at all times to act on behalf of, and in the interests of, the Members and the sport of volleyball;
· promote the economic and sporting success, strength and stability of the Federation and each Member State and to act interdependently with each Member State in pursuit of these objects.