Sport Development Program Overview
The Sport Development Program is responsible for programs and initiatives to foster the growth of volleyball in Australia. In short, Volleyball Australia wants players, coaches, officials, and administrators to have more opportunities to be involved.
Presently, the focus for the Sport Development Program is the:
- the growth of nationally branded participation programs within the National Participation Framework - Discover Volleyball;
- Delivery and growth of Spikezone - Discover Mini-Volleyball, the first participation program of the National Participation Framework - Discover Volleyball;
- Development of a national participation program AusSpike catering for High School students, offering both social and competitive participation opportunities. This program is being developed in conjunction with Volleyball Queensland;
- Development and delivery of coach education programs that offer a complete stream--through the coach development pathway--of the National Coaching Accreditation Scheme (NCAS) training programs, in supports of coaches at all levels of the sport ;
- Development and delivery of a referee education programs to support officials a as part of National Officiating Accreditation Scheme (NOAS) training programs for all levels of the sport through the official development pathway;
- Implementation of a junior sport policy to establish guidelines for the provision of volleyball to primary and secondary school students and ensure the delivery of quality volleyball opportunities to juniors; and
- Development of closer ties with providers of volleyball opportunities for people with disabilities, including Sitting Volleyball Australia, Standing Volleyball Australia and Deaf Volleyball Australia, and in conjunction with these providers increase opportunities available to participate and increase the number of participants.